It had been almost two years since Get Serious earned his last victory, the 2010 edition of the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. On July 4 he made a definitive return to a familiar winner's circle.
Get Serious set a solid pace and still had enough left in the tank to hold off a pair late-charging rivals to win the $175,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) by a head Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
Heavy rain at Monmouth Park Aug. 2 took the $200,000 Oceanport Stakes off the turf and left only three starters to contest the 1 1/16-mile event on the slop. When it was over, 5-year-old gelding Get Serious earned his first graded stakes victory by holding off Kiss the Kid by a neck.
Mary's Follies made her turf debut a successful one, taking over in upper stretch and then holding off a late charge from Kiawah Cat to win the $150,000 Boiling Springs (gr. IIIT) by a length June 27 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij the X Factor in Kentucky Derby
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Motion to Send out Kitten's Point in Bewitch
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates