It had been almost two years since Get Serious earned his last victory, the 2010 edition of the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. On July 4 he made a definitive return to a familiar winner's circle.
Get Serious set a solid pace and still had enough left in the tank to hold off a pair late-charging rivals to win the $175,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) by a head Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
Heavy rain at Monmouth Park Aug. 2 took the $200,000 Oceanport Stakes off the turf and left only three starters to contest the 1 1/16-mile event on the slop. When it was over, 5-year-old gelding Get Serious earned his first graded stakes victory by holding off Kiss the Kid by a neck.
Mary's Follies made her turf debut a successful one, taking over in upper stretch and then holding off a late charge from Kiawah Cat to win the $150,000 Boiling Springs (gr. IIIT) by a length June 27 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Heart to Heart Among Eight for Jefferson Cup
- Al Shaqab's Toronado to National Stud in 2015
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees