It had been almost two years since Get Serious earned his last victory, the 2010 edition of the $100,000 Red Bank Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park. On July 4 he made a definitive return to a familiar winner's circle.
Get Serious set a solid pace and still had enough left in the tank to hold off a pair late-charging rivals to win the $175,000 Red Bank (gr. IIIT) by a head Sept. 6 at Monmouth Park.
Heavy rain at Monmouth Park Aug. 2 took the $200,000 Oceanport Stakes off the turf and left only three starters to contest the 1 1/16-mile event on the slop. When it was over, 5-year-old gelding Get Serious earned his first graded stakes victory by holding off Kiss the Kid by a neck.
Mary's Follies made her turf debut a successful one, taking over in upper stretch and then holding off a late charge from Kiawah Cat to win the $150,000 Boiling Springs (gr. IIIT) by a length June 27 at Monmouth Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks