Russell Road and Lucy's Bob Boy -- with 97 starts and nearly $3 million in earnings between them -- will square off for the fourth consecutive year in the $500,000 West Virginia Breeders' Classic Oct. 10 at Charles Town.
Mark Russell's popular 8-year-old gelding Russell Road, who hadn't won since May, turned the tables on heavy favorite Lucy's Bob Boy to win the West Virginia Breeders' Classic Oct. 18 for the third time in his career.
Russell Road will try to overcome a two-month layoff as he aims for his third victory in the West Virginia Breeders' Classic as the 2-1 morning line favorite on the night of Oct. 20 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Favored Russell Road won the West Virginia Breeders' Classic for the second time in his career Oct. 15, sweeping past pacesetter Plantation and holding steady for a two-length victory in the $450,000 event at Charles Town.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Nine Honored at Walk of Champions Gala
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx
- Enchanting Lady Targets Winning Colors