Russell Road and Lucy's Bob Boy -- with 97 starts and nearly $3 million in earnings between them -- will square off for the fourth consecutive year in the $500,000 West Virginia Breeders' Classic Oct. 10 at Charles Town.
Mark Russell's popular 8-year-old gelding Russell Road, who hadn't won since May, turned the tables on heavy favorite Lucy's Bob Boy to win the West Virginia Breeders' Classic Oct. 18 for the third time in his career.
Russell Road will try to overcome a two-month layoff as he aims for his third victory in the West Virginia Breeders' Classic as the 2-1 morning line favorite on the night of Oct. 20 at Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races.
Favored Russell Road won the West Virginia Breeders' Classic for the second time in his career Oct. 15, sweeping past pacesetter Plantation and holding steady for a two-length victory in the $450,000 event at Charles Town.
Most Popular Stories
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- American Dirt Records a Thing of the Past
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop