Australian health officials didn't seem too concerned when stallion Encosta de Lago arrived in late August at the Eastern Quarantine facility with an elevated temperature and nasal discharge, according to a groom with Coolmore. The groom also told a judge leading an inquiry into an outbreak of equine influenza that procedures for monitoring the people going in and out of the quarantine were not being followed closely.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11