Australian health officials didn't seem too concerned when stallion Encosta de Lago arrived in late August at the Eastern Quarantine facility with an elevated temperature and nasal discharge, according to a groom with Coolmore. The groom also told a judge leading an inquiry into an outbreak of equine influenza that procedures for monitoring the people going in and out of the quarantine were not being followed closely.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby