Grade I winner Creative Cause, one of the top performers of his generation at both 2 and 3, has been retired to stud duty at Brereton and Elizabeth Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Dream of Summer, dam of grade I winner Creative Cause, gave birth to a gray filly by Eskendereya at Taylor Made Farm on the evening of March 28.
Creative Cause established himself as the favorite for the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) when he came from off the pace to defeat favored Bodemeister in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. I) March 10 at Santa Anita.
Odds-on choice Creative Cause staked his claim as Southern California's top juvenile colt when he galloped to a 1 3/4-length victory in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Day By Day
- Seven Derby Hopefuls Bred Outside Kentucky
- NBC Sports Group to Air Derby, Triple Crown
- Breeders' Cup Challenge Series Expands
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- 40-Day Santa Anita Spring Meet Starts Friday
- Social Inclusion Breezes, Preakness Likely
- Champion Steeplechaser Flatterer Dies at 35
- Light on 2-Year-Olds? Blame the Weather
- Los Alamitos Derby to Carry $1 Million Bonus