Grade I winner Creative Cause, one of the top performers of his generation at both 2 and 3, has been retired to stud duty at Brereton and Elizabeth Jones' Airdrie Stud near Midway, Ky.
Dream of Summer, dam of grade I winner Creative Cause, gave birth to a gray filly by Eskendereya at Taylor Made Farm on the evening of March 28.
Creative Cause established himself as the favorite for the Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) when he came from off the pace to defeat favored Bodemeister in the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes (gr. I) March 10 at Santa Anita.
Odds-on choice Creative Cause staked his claim as Southern California's top juvenile colt when he galloped to a 1 3/4-length victory in the Best Pal Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015
- Competitive Group Entered for Smarty Jones
- California Chrome Progressing Toward PA Derby
- Lemon Drop Kid: A Class Act
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Knee Surgery to Sideline Kid Cruz for Year
- Hollendorfer Duo Part of Even Yellow Ribbon
- Micromanage Set for Another Distance Test
- Texas Racing Commission OKs Instant Racing