The Jockey Club announced Aug. 21 a projected 2011 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 27,000, a decline of 10% from the estimate of 30,000 registered foals for 2010.
Reynolds Bell Jr., who has been involved in the Thoroughbred industry for more than 25 years, has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club.
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association chairman, Stuart S. Janney III, has joined the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by Dr. A. Gary Lavin at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next