The Jockey Club announced Aug. 21 a projected 2011 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 27,000, a decline of 10% from the estimate of 30,000 registered foals for 2010.
Reynolds Bell Jr., who has been involved in the Thoroughbred industry for more than 25 years, has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club.
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association chairman, Stuart S. Janney III, has joined the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by Dr. A. Gary Lavin at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- PA-Breds, Cathryn Sophia Head Parx Program
- Aftercare: The Challenges of Tracking Horses
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- New York OKs Full Casino for Tioga Downs
- Infographic: All Time Leading Earners 2016
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp