The Jockey Club announced Aug. 21 a projected 2011 North American registered Thoroughbred foal crop of 27,000, a decline of 10% from the estimate of 30,000 registered foals for 2010.
Reynolds Bell Jr., who has been involved in the Thoroughbred industry for more than 25 years, has been elected to the board of stewards of The Jockey Club.
Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association chairman, Stuart S. Janney III, has joined the Board of Stewards of The Jockey Club, filling the position vacated by Dr. A. Gary Lavin at the expiration of his four-year term of office.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup