A son of Fastnet Rock topped the opening day of the William Inglis & Son Easter yearling sale April 10 in Australia. He brought Aust$1 million ($1,029,490 in U.S. funds).
A colt by red-hot Coolmore Stud sire Fastnet Rock stole the show Jan. 12 during the second session of the Magic Millions Gold Coast yearling sale.
Broodmare prospect Carribean Sunset, a group III winner in Ireland and a stakes winner in this country, brought $1 million Nov. 8 during the opening session in the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
The bay yearling brings Aust$1.2 million ($1,109,000 in U.S. funds) during auction's second session.
Average price rises 25.7% from last year and is the sale's second-highest ever.
The stakes-winning filly Burgeis brought Aust$310,000 ($256,525 in U.S. funds) Aug. 13 to top the opening session of the William Inglis & Son Melbourne August mixed sale in Australia. James Bester Bloodstock purchased the 4-year-old daughter of Catbird from Blue Gum Farm.
A Giant's Causeway filly broke the record for the Magic Millions National yearling auction when she sold for Aus$400,000 Thursday in Australia during the sale's opening session.
Big crowds continued to turn up Tuesday for the second day of the Inglis Australian broodmare sale in Sydney. And plenty of money was spent too.
Yearlings by freshman sire Commands (by Danehill) proved popular during Monday's second session of the William Inglis Classic Yearling Sale in Sydney, Australia with agent James Bester securing an athletic filly from the Marscay mare Flannelle for $130,000, the session's top price.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online