The Kentucky Thoroughbred Association and Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders have elected officers and members of the board of directors.
Graded stakes-winning stallion Elite Squadron is relocating to Don and Dana Meyers' Swifty Farms near Seymour, Ind., owner Tom Walters announced Oct. 15.
Danzon, claimed for $80,000 in her laast prior start, prevailed in a wild photo finish that saw six horses finish within about two lengths of each other in the $116,200 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) July 3.
Pretty Prolific rallied from far back and got up in the final jump to win a thrilling three-way photo finish in the $100,000 Sugar Swirl (gr. III) Jan. 9 at Gulfstream Park.
An overflow field of 13 sophomore fillies passed the entry box for the $200,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) Sept. 6 on the Arlington Park turf. The nine-furlong Pucker Up shares the spotlight with the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies as part of the track's "Ladies Day" program.
Grade II winner Elite Squadron, who banked more than a half-million dollars in 14 races, has been retired because of an injury and is expected to stand at stud next year, owner Tom Walters said.
Kicking off the stakes action on Derby Day, Tom Walters' Elite Squadron led nearly wire-to-wire to capture the $282,000 Churchill Downs Stakes (gr. II) May 3.
On the Fritz proved she was anything but when she rallied wide down the lane to score a head victory over Brown Eyed Beauty in Thursday's Clark County Stakes at Keeneland. Paige's Boo was 2 1/2 lengths back for third. The winner covered the 5 1/2 furlong turf distance in 1:02.92.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes