Street Sense made his return to racing a successful one Sunday with a facile victory at short odds in the $500,000 Jim Dandy (gr. II) at Saratoga.
The silks of owner James B. Tafel will be prominent in the Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland in Lexington--and during Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach this weekend in California.
James B. Tafel's 2006 juvenile champion Street Sense returned to action in gutsy style Saturday when he defeated 7-10 favorite Any Given Saturday by a nose in a tremendous finish to the Tampa Bay Derby (gr. III).
Richard Englander's Abderian and James B. Tafel's Allspice captured the closing-day Arlington Park stakes races Sunday.
James B. Tafel LLC's Lakenheath, winner by a head in Monday's Arlington Matron (gr. III), came out of her victory in good order and may try Kentucky for her next trip to the post, according to trainer Gene Cilio.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for April 21, 2015
- Mubtaahij Works Three Furlongs at Arlington
- Derby: War Story, Mr. Z to Breeze Wednesday
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- WV Analysis: Purses Can't Support Race Dates
- Jockey Club Enhances Vet Record Reporting
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- Kentucky Oaks Notes, April 21
- South Africa's National Sale Starts April 22