Complaints against trainers Julio Canani and Jeff Mullins were withdrawn Wednesday by the California Horse Racing Board after it was advised that evidence failed to support the charges in either case.
A complaint filed against owner Martin Wygod by the California Horse Racing Board was dismissed Saturday by Hollywood Park stewards, who concluded Wygod had not violated racing rules with his conduct and comments regarding his champion filly, Sweet Catomine.
Trainer Julio Canani became the third person facing a California Horse Racing Board complaint regarding the health and activities of Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) favorite Sweet Catomine during the week prior to the April 9 race.
The California attorney general's office has postponed indefinitely Thursday's scheduled formal hearing by Hollywood Park stewards concerning the summary suspension of jockey Pat Valenzuela, which went into effect July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Itsmyluckyday Outfights Moreno in Woodward
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Sunset Glow Shines in Del Mar Debutante Win
- Avanzare Prevails in Washington Park Thriller
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Best Pal Winner Skyway Returns for Futurity
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga