Complaints against trainers Julio Canani and Jeff Mullins were withdrawn Wednesday by the California Horse Racing Board after it was advised that evidence failed to support the charges in either case.
A complaint filed against owner Martin Wygod by the California Horse Racing Board was dismissed Saturday by Hollywood Park stewards, who concluded Wygod had not violated racing rules with his conduct and comments regarding his champion filly, Sweet Catomine.
Trainer Julio Canani became the third person facing a California Horse Racing Board complaint regarding the health and activities of Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) favorite Sweet Catomine during the week prior to the April 9 race.
The California attorney general's office has postponed indefinitely Thursday's scheduled formal hearing by Hollywood Park stewards concerning the summary suspension of jockey Pat Valenzuela, which went into effect July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby