Complaints against trainers Julio Canani and Jeff Mullins were withdrawn Wednesday by the California Horse Racing Board after it was advised that evidence failed to support the charges in either case.
A complaint filed against owner Martin Wygod by the California Horse Racing Board was dismissed Saturday by Hollywood Park stewards, who concluded Wygod had not violated racing rules with his conduct and comments regarding his champion filly, Sweet Catomine.
Trainer Julio Canani became the third person facing a California Horse Racing Board complaint regarding the health and activities of Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) favorite Sweet Catomine during the week prior to the April 9 race.
The California attorney general's office has postponed indefinitely Thursday's scheduled formal hearing by Hollywood Park stewards concerning the summary suspension of jockey Pat Valenzuela, which went into effect July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar