Complaints against trainers Julio Canani and Jeff Mullins were withdrawn Wednesday by the California Horse Racing Board after it was advised that evidence failed to support the charges in either case.
A complaint filed against owner Martin Wygod by the California Horse Racing Board was dismissed Saturday by Hollywood Park stewards, who concluded Wygod had not violated racing rules with his conduct and comments regarding his champion filly, Sweet Catomine.
Trainer Julio Canani became the third person facing a California Horse Racing Board complaint regarding the health and activities of Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) favorite Sweet Catomine during the week prior to the April 9 race.
The California attorney general's office has postponed indefinitely Thursday's scheduled formal hearing by Hollywood Park stewards concerning the summary suspension of jockey Pat Valenzuela, which went into effect July 2.
Most Popular Stories
- Tacticus Euthanized After Workout Breakdown
- Golden Horn Impressive in Arc de Triomphe
- Gamble's Ghost Scores in Mazarine Stakes
- Make Believe Returns to Longchamp, Wins Foret
- Covert Love Guts Out Prix de l'Opera Victory
- Ballydoyle, Ultra Capture Juvenile Stakes
- Tonalist Takes Jockey Club Gold Cup With Ease
- Shadwell: Grand Arch Holds Over The Pizza Man
- American Pharoah Drills at Santa Anita for BC
- Wild Dude Rallies Late to Claim SA Sprint