Gulch, champion sprinter of 1988, was euthanized the morning of Jan. 17 because of complications of cancer at Old Friends retirement facility near Georgetown, Ky
Richard "Dick" Lossen, well-known bloodstock agent, died Feb. 3, in Lexington. He was 76. Lossen spent more than 40 years as an owner, breeder, adviser, and agent.
The Maryland Horse Breeders Association and Maryland Racing Media Association announced the 12-horse inaugural class of the Maryland-bred Thoroughbred Hall of Fame.
Overlooked homebred filly Silmaril who blew by the three favorites and won Sunday's $75,000 Jameela Stakes at Laurel Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen