Apropos, owned and bred by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider, seems to have found a good spot in the $100,000 Winning Colors Stakes May 26, when she will face eight opponents in the six-furlong sprint at Churchill Downs.
After a less than satisfying outcome in the Cigar Mile (gr. I) in November, owner Mandy Pope says she couldn't bear to see two-time female sprint champion Groupie Doll end her career that way.
James Spence's homebred Aubby K won her second graded contest in a row, splashing to victory in the grade I Humana Distaff on the Kentucky Derby Day undercard at Churchill Downs May 4.
Rumor, victorious in the Las Flores Stakes (gr. III) March 10, has been installed the 5-2 favorite in a field of nine fillies and mares entered in the Humana Distaff Stakes (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 4.
St. George Farm Racing's Last Full Measure, a winner in her only start at Keeneland, ran her record to two-for-two at the Kentucky racetrack with an upset victory in the $300,000 Madison Stakes (gr. I) April 13.
Undefeated in six races before losing badly in her last start, Agave Kiss will attempt to start a new streak at a new track when she faces six rivals in the $300,000 Prioress Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 4.
Jockey Junior Alvarado and Emma's Encore took advantage of a blistering early pace to post a stunning upset in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park July 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Tuttipaesi Chases Graded Repeat