Zanjero, a two-time grade II winner, sired his first winner when his son Zambito scored May 18 at Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort in his initial start.
Inside Information features a trio of racing professionals: Trainer Helen Pitts, who first trained Curlin and worked several years for Kenny McPeek; jockey David Flores, who has had a long and interesting journey to the top; and Ohio-based trainer Jake Radosevich, who has immersed himself in his work since his son was killed in a riding accident.
Ohio trainer Jake Radosevich reached a milestone 1,000 wins when he saddled Lucky Uncle Jake to victory in the fifth race at Beulah Park Jan. 14.
- By Tom LaMarra
An Ohio State Racing Commission investigation has ruled the Nov. 16 racing accident that killed 16-year-old apprentice jockey Josh Radosevich at Beulah Park unpreventable.
Beulah Park racetrack near Grove City, Ohio, cancelled its Thursday race card out of respect for the family of apprentice jockey Josh Radosevich, who died Wednesday in an accident during the third race.
Most Popular Stories
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- Alsvid Takes on Lord Nelson in Bing Crosby
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Bradester Towers Over Monmouth Cup Field
- Shuvee Class Drop for Grade I Winner Curalina
- Litfin at Large: Jim Dandy Saturday
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again