The first reported North American foal by graded stakes winner Indygo Shiner is a colt born Jan. 8 at Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky.
Mauralakana, the leading filly and mare turf runner in the country, looks to add to her already dazzling resume in the $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational (gr. IT) at Belmont Park Sept. 27.
Hostess kept the leaders in range throughout the easily paced $108,900 Glens Falls Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga, then burst past odds-on choice Dynaforce and two others mid-stretch for jockey Rajiv Maragh to post a neck victory Sept. 1. on the inner turf course.
Shadwell Stable's Makderah burst to the lead mid-stretch and left her five rivals behind en route to an easy four-length win in the $190,000 New York Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) for fillies and mares battling at 10 furlongs on the inner turf course at Belmont Park Saturday.
The $600,000 Flower Bowl Invitational Handicap (gr. IT), to be contested over 10 furlongs Oct. 7 at Belmont Park, looks to be a clash between the consistent Honey Ryder and the ever-improving Angara.
Trainer Todd Pletcher opted to keep his ace Wait a While in the barn for Saturday's $246,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup (gr. IT) but Magnificent Song proved quite a capable substitute, winning by two lengths on the Belmont Park inner turf course.
For the first time in more than two years, trainer James Cassidy is returning to his native New York Sept. 9 to saddle Martin Kistler's Maxxi Arte in the Grade I, $250,000 Garden City Breeders' Cup Stakes for three-year-old fillies at nine furlongs over the inner turf course at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Happy Holidays From Blood-Horse Publications
- Ohio-Bred Fund to Top $5 Million in 2015