Gross, average, and median were all up significantly on day three of the Tattersalls December Mare Sale, continuing the upward trend since the auction began.
Lillie Langtry provided the Ballydoyle team with their first winner of the meeting when she turned in a dominating performance to capture the Coronation Stakes (Eng-I) by 1 1/4-lengths at Royal Ascot June 18.
Special Duty took the English One Thousand Guineas (Eng-I) from Jacqueline Quest following a stewards' inquiry on May 2 after finishing second by a nose to the 66-1 shot.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017