Jacobs Entertainment announced Jan. 8 the selection of Cushman & Wakefield-Thalhimer to sell the properties formerly used as off-track betting facilities in conjunction with its Colonial Downs in New Kent County, Va.
The owner of Colonial Downs reported May 14 an increased first-quarter profit of $3.1 million, helped by the improved performance of its racing subsidiary.
The owner of Colonial Downs reported it lost $4.1 million during 2008, due in part to its investment in MTR Gaming Group, it was reported March 18.
- By Ryan Conley
MTR Gaming Inc. has defined as core assets its two Thoroughbred racinos and an Ohio harness track, and will examine sale possibilities of all other properties to reduce debt and raise shareholder value, the company said July 30.
Jacobs Entertainment Inc. and its affiliates have recently increased their overall stake in MTR Gaming Group, a move that follows a January announcement that the owner of Colonial Downs was shifting its focus towards facilities that feature multiple forms of gaming.
Colonial Downs in Virginia is on the market because of its inability to add other forms of gambling, track owner Jacobs Entertainment said in a Jan. 11 notice.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Juvenile Sales Scene Moves West to Barretts
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen