One lucky 20-cent Rainbow 6 bettor in Palm Beach really hit the jackpot at Gulfstream Park May 25, cashing for a record $6,678,939.12.
Churchill Downs will debut a 50-cent "Single 6 Jackpot," a multi-race wager with a big-payout dynamic, when racing returns to the Louisville racetrack for its 25-day fall meet Oct. 27.
Super Easy will attempt to keep his winning streak alive when he takes on a dozen challengers in the Singapore Guineas at Kranji Racecourse May 18.
Grade II winner Jackpot was represented by his first winner when his son Stealinthejackpot won at Santa Rosa Aug. 4 in his first start.
Breedings to top California stallions Cee's Tizzy and In Excess are among those available in the annual California Thoroughbred Breeders Association "Stallion Season Auction," to be held Nov. 30 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Jackpot won the first stakes start of his career by two lengths over Newfoundland in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) on Saturday.
Seven horses will line up Saturday for the 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), and none of them has ever won at that distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Xpressbet to Sponsor 2015 Preakness Stakes
- Major Decisions Looming in Maryland
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Arrests in Connection With Derby Night Death
- Second Suit Filed Against Encore, KY Downs
- Ness Aiming for Ninth Straight Tampa Title
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992