One lucky 20-cent Rainbow 6 bettor in Palm Beach really hit the jackpot at Gulfstream Park May 25, cashing for a record $6,678,939.12.
Churchill Downs will debut a 50-cent "Single 6 Jackpot," a multi-race wager with a big-payout dynamic, when racing returns to the Louisville racetrack for its 25-day fall meet Oct. 27.
Super Easy will attempt to keep his winning streak alive when he takes on a dozen challengers in the Singapore Guineas at Kranji Racecourse May 18.
Grade II winner Jackpot was represented by his first winner when his son Stealinthejackpot won at Santa Rosa Aug. 4 in his first start.
Breedings to top California stallions Cee's Tizzy and In Excess are among those available in the annual California Thoroughbred Breeders Association "Stallion Season Auction," to be held Nov. 30 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Jackpot, who won this year's Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Frank "Scoop" Vessels' Vessels Stallion Farm near Bonsall, Calif.
Jackpot won the first stakes start of his career by two lengths over Newfoundland in the $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II) on Saturday.
Seven horses will line up Saturday for the 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), and none of them has ever won at that distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- Prince Bishop Denies U.S. Runners in Dubai
- 'Pharoah' Speedy in First Workout After Rebel
- Unbeaten Materiality Secures Florida Derby
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- International Star Sweeps to LA Derby Score
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- I'm a Chatterbox Notches Easy FG Oaks Victory
- Birdatthewire Tops Familiar Rivals in GP Oaks