The career of former jockey Robbie Davis Jr. and his role as father of three jockeys will be the subject of HRTV's documentary show, "Inside Information" on March 16.
Apprentice jockey Katie Davis, a daughter of retired jockey Robbie Davis, scored the first win of her career Feb. 21 by guiding Ivanovna to a one-length triumph in the second race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Jockey Jackie Davis was released from North Shore University Hospital early Jan. 16 after X-rays and scans came back negative following a spill after the conclusion of the ninth race at Aqueduct the previous day.
Jockey Jackie Davis apparently escaped serious injury when she was involved in a spill just past the wire following the ninth race at Aqueduct Jan. 15.
Former jockey Robbie Davis got his first win as a trainer Dec. 3 at Aqueduct as 39-1 shot Sandyinthesun, ridden by his daughter, Jackie, got up by a nose to win the seventh race.
Jackie Davis, daughter of retired jockey Robbie Davis, recorded her first career victory Nov. 5 in Aqueduct's fifth race aboard Blue Hill Bay for trainer Scott Everett. Blue Hill Bay led all the way around the oval and returned $131 for a $2 win ticket.
Since Jackie Davis rode her first pony at three years old, her life has revolved around riding. She continually had a pony by her side growing up, and spent the rest of her time at the racetrack, shadowing her father, Robbie, as he made a career as a jockey. There was never any doubt in her mind about what career path she would choose.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe Retired, to Keeneland November Sale
- Songbird Works at Del Mar, Cotillion Next
- KY Downs to Open With Loaded All-Turf Card
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Renowned Vet John Kenney Dies at 79
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities