It was a day for superlatives. And there were plenty to go around at the induction ceremonies for the Class of 2002 at the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
To those who knew Jack Westrope best, his election to the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame is an overdue justice, a final, fitting tribute bestowed on one of the finest the game has ever seen.
In their first year of eligibility, Cigar and Serena's Song have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Cigar, the two-time Horse of the Year (1995-1996) who won 16 consecutive races, is among the three horses nominated to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame in the Contemporary Male Horse category.
Most Popular Stories
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Research Produces Cobalt Test Recommendation
- Grade III winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Renovations Noted at 'Gulfstream Park West'
- The Week in Photos for 9/30/2014
- Banke, Haggin Join Keeneland Advisory Board
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- TOBA September Member of the Month
- Santa Anita Can't Hurt Shared Belief
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing