A municipal bond trader by day, Tony Grey knows a thing or two about playing percentages. The Florida-based breeder/owner will take a calculated risk May 19 with his Zetterholm in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Jack Werk, founder of Werk Thoroughbred Consultants, died Feb. 14 after a long battle with cancer.
Sheila's Prospect, a daughter of leading Maryland sire Not for Love, topped the first session of the 2004 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky February mixed sale at the company's Newtown Paddocks. A no-guarantee season to Hill 'n' Dale stallion Theatrical and a season to Wafare Farm stallion Giltterman topped the Stallion Access auction of seasons and shares.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Zayat: American Pharoah to Run in Travers
- Haskell TV Ratings Double Compared With 2014
- Wise Dan on Target for September Return
- Casino OTB Parlor in Maryland Proves Popular
- 18 Frankel Yearlings in Tattersalls Sale
- Entrepreneurs Wanted at Arizona Symposium
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- Inside the August 8, 2015 Issue