A municipal bond trader by day, Tony Grey knows a thing or two about playing percentages. The Florida-based breeder/owner will take a calculated risk May 19 with his Zetterholm in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Jack Werk, founder of Werk Thoroughbred Consultants, died Feb. 14 after a long battle with cancer.
Sheila's Prospect, a daughter of leading Maryland sire Not for Love, topped the first session of the 2004 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky February mixed sale at the company's Newtown Paddocks. A no-guarantee season to Hill 'n' Dale stallion Theatrical and a season to Wafare Farm stallion Giltterman topped the Stallion Access auction of seasons and shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Adversaries Unite at Trainers' Dinner
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom