A municipal bond trader by day, Tony Grey knows a thing or two about playing percentages. The Florida-based breeder/owner will take a calculated risk May 19 with his Zetterholm in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Jack Werk, founder of Werk Thoroughbred Consultants, died Feb. 14 after a long battle with cancer.
Sheila's Prospect, a daughter of leading Maryland sire Not for Love, topped the first session of the 2004 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky February mixed sale at the company's Newtown Paddocks. A no-guarantee season to Hill 'n' Dale stallion Theatrical and a season to Wafare Farm stallion Giltterman topped the Stallion Access auction of seasons and shares.
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives