A municipal bond trader by day, Tony Grey knows a thing or two about playing percentages. The Florida-based breeder/owner will take a calculated risk May 19 with his Zetterholm in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Jack Werk, founder of Werk Thoroughbred Consultants, died Feb. 14 after a long battle with cancer.
Sheila's Prospect, a daughter of leading Maryland sire Not for Love, topped the first session of the 2004 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky February mixed sale at the company's Newtown Paddocks. A no-guarantee season to Hill 'n' Dale stallion Theatrical and a season to Wafare Farm stallion Giltterman topped the Stallion Access auction of seasons and shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station
- Startup Nation Impresses in With Anticipation
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby