A municipal bond trader by day, Tony Grey knows a thing or two about playing percentages. The Florida-based breeder/owner will take a calculated risk May 19 with his Zetterholm in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Jack Werk, founder of Werk Thoroughbred Consultants, died Feb. 14 after a long battle with cancer.
Sheila's Prospect, a daughter of leading Maryland sire Not for Love, topped the first session of the 2004 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky February mixed sale at the company's Newtown Paddocks. A no-guarantee season to Hill 'n' Dale stallion Theatrical and a season to Wafare Farm stallion Giltterman topped the Stallion Access auction of seasons and shares.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015
- Turfway Park Begins Four-Month Run Dec. 3
- Los Alamitos Set for 12-Day Meet
- Business Strong at Churchill Downs Fall Meet
- Average, Median Down at Tattersalls Mare Sale
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory