Two 3-year-olds with excellent turf form hope to leave behind mediocre efforts on dirt and synthetic surfaces in the $150,000 American Turf Stakes at 1 1/16 miles on the grass May 1 at Churchill Downs. But the field is contentious from top to bottom.
Triple Crown Talk blog, with host Jason Shandler, looks at the Lane's End Stakes. Join Jason and professional handicapper Double Deuce from TheWinnersForum.com for a live chat at noon Eastern on March 21.
Jason, Evan, and the Wizard discuss the Lane's End Stakes. Plus, a look back at the Derby prep action from the weekend of March 14. Watch Video
Although most of the field for Saturday's Lane's End Stakes (gr. II) will have journeyed to Turfway Park from all parts of the country, Saturday's race is a veritable home game for Parade Clown.
Triple Crown Talk blog, with host Jason Shandler, offers Fountain of Youth Analysis and Selections.
Tom and Evan analyze the Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth (gr. II) at Gulfstream on February 28. The Wizard's Spotlight Play is Race 8 at Fair Grounds on Saturday.
Trainer Wesley Ward, who described the Feb. 14 breeze by Ken and Sarah Ramsey's 3-year-old colt Notonthesamepage as "perfect," said he is excited to take the next step in the $250,000 Fasig-Tipton Fountain of Youth Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park Feb. 28. Early signs indicate the race will attract a deep and talented field of 3-year-olds.
Dogwood Stable's Lime Rickey and Char Mari Stable's Beacon Hill Road finished second and third in the Dania Beach Stakes, respectively, going one mile on turf at Gulfstream Park on Jan. 17, and the two 3-year-olds meet again in the $125,000 Hallandale Beach Stakes on Feb. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- That Handicapping Show: Travers Stakes
- Second Sporting Art Auction in November