While no horses being pointed to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) worked at Churchill Downs April 25, a pair of fillies being pointed to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) breezed.
Stuart Janney III and Phipps Stable's Orb visited the Belmont Park paddock before galloping 1 1/2 miles on a sloppy surface May 12 and remained on schedule to ship to Maryland May 13.
Goldencents, who will be ridden by regular jockey Kevin Krigger in the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), arrived at Pimlico May 7.
The Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner brings Team O'Neill back to Churchill Downs one year after their victory with I'll Have Another. Assistant trainer Jack Sisterson leads the colt into barn 45. watch video
In spite of the roller coaster ride he's been on with I'll Have Another over the past two months, trainer Doug O'Neill was right back to work at his Befair Hollywood Park stable office at 7 a.m. the morning after the Belmont.
Preakness Report: Jack Sisterson read blog
I'll Have Another made it to the track May 9 for the first time since his upset win in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) four days earlier, jogging around muddy Pimlico Race Course.
Reddam Racing's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another was settled into his new home in Barn D at Pimlico Race Course May 8 as the focus has shifted toward the 137th running of the Preakness Stakes (gr. I) on May 19.
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another departed Churchill Downs at 1:19 p.m. May 7 and was taken to nearby Louisville International Airport for a flight to Baltimore, Md.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby: Firing Line to Preakness
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- International Star Scratched from the Derby
- Zayat Compliments Churchill on Treatment
- Lovely Maria Easily Captures Kentucky Oaks
- El Kabeir Scratched From Kentucky Derby
- Slideshow: 2015 Kentucky Derby Day
- Finnegans Wake Flies Home, Takes Turf Classic