The West Virginia Racing Commission Aug. 1 hired Truesdail Laboratories in California to handle its equine drug testing and will ask the lab to test about 40 "cloudy samples" from a three-week period in July.
The West Virginia Racing Commission will soon consider a penalty system for drug violations that dovetails with uniform model rules making their way through the state legislature.
The West Virginia Racing Commission May 21 rejected a controversial interagency agreement that owners, trainers, and breeders claim would have put the state Lottery Commission in charge of Thoroughbred and Greyhound racing.
The West Virginia Racing Commission April 16 deferred action on a controversial agreement that would place the commission and other agencies under the West Virginia Lottery Commission.
Action on an agreement horsemen view as an attempt to perhaps eliminate an agency that solely regulates horse and dog racing was deferred by the West Virginia Racing Commission Feb. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Owner and Breeder Aaron Jones
- What's Going On Here: A Rich Trifecta
- Plan in Works to Save Suffolk Downs Racing
- Long-Term Vision Possible After Equine Cataract Surgery
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Figures Decline at F-T Midlantic Fall Sale
- Two-Time GI Winner Strategic Maneuver Dies
- Rosalind to Fasig-Tipton November Sale
- Health Zone: Hoof Care - Hoof Anatomy
- Simulcast Conference: HD Options Progressing