Peachtree Stable's 2-year-old New York invader Flamenco was an impressive winner of the $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder Race Course Saturday during the Florida Million.
California graded stakes winner Supah Blitz and juvenile standouts Flamenco and Aclassysassylassy are among the top horses competing on Saturday's Florida Million program at Calder Race Course.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey can set a new North American single season record for stakes wins by a jockey this weekend when he ventures to Calder Race Course in Miami for five stakes mounts on Saturday's big Florida Million card.
Calder's second Florida Million day Saturday, with six stakes races totaling $1 million in prize money for state breds, has attracted the top stakes runners stabled in South Florida this year, along with some leading invaders.
Best of the Rest knocks down the largest purse on Florida Million Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen