Peachtree Stable's 2-year-old New York invader Flamenco was an impressive winner of the $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder Race Course Saturday during the Florida Million.
California graded stakes winner Supah Blitz and juvenile standouts Flamenco and Aclassysassylassy are among the top horses competing on Saturday's Florida Million program at Calder Race Course.
In a battle of unbeaten 2-year-old colts, Sir Oscar edged heavily-favored Wynn Dot Comma by a length in Saturdya's $150,000 Jack Price Juvenile at Calder.
Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey can set a new North American single season record for stakes wins by a jockey this weekend when he ventures to Calder Race Course in Miami for five stakes mounts on Saturday's big Florida Million card.
Calder's second Florida Million day Saturday, with six stakes races totaling $1 million in prize money for state breds, has attracted the top stakes runners stabled in South Florida this year, along with some leading invaders.
Best of the Rest knocks down the largest purse on Florida Million Day.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger