Formal Gold, whose Beyer Speed Figures of 126, 124, and 125 in three consecutive graded stakes stamped him as perhaps America's best racehorse since the early 1990s, will be relocated to Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
While there's questions surrounding Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, the biggest one is which horse will come out of the race with the best chance to make some noise in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) on Feb. 22.
Jake the Flake, Jack Murphy and Pam Slaughter's 6-year-old gelding set to go in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, suffered a career-threatening torn tendon.
Most Popular Stories
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- E Dubai Filly Top Pick at MD Yearling Show
- Casse Eyes Second Straight Queen's Plate Win
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Lenny's Place: Summer Arrives Edition