Formal Gold, whose Beyer Speed Figures of 126, 124, and 125 in three consecutive graded stakes stamped him as perhaps America's best racehorse since the early 1990s, will be relocated to Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
While there's questions surrounding Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, the biggest one is which horse will come out of the race with the best chance to make some noise in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) on Feb. 22.
Jake the Flake, Jack Murphy and Pam Slaughter's 6-year-old gelding set to go in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, suffered a career-threatening torn tendon.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic