Formal Gold, whose Beyer Speed Figures of 126, 124, and 125 in three consecutive graded stakes stamped him as perhaps America's best racehorse since the early 1990s, will be relocated to Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
While there's questions surrounding Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, the biggest one is which horse will come out of the race with the best chance to make some noise in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) on Feb. 22.
Jake the Flake, Jack Murphy and Pam Slaughter's 6-year-old gelding set to go in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, suffered a career-threatening torn tendon.
Most Popular Stories
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- 793 Cataloged for Tattersalls Ireland Sale
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse