Formal Gold, whose Beyer Speed Figures of 126, 124, and 125 in three consecutive graded stakes stamped him as perhaps America's best racehorse since the early 1990s, will be relocated to Tom Clark's Rancho San Miguel near San Miguel, Calif.
While there's questions surrounding Saturday's $100,000 Hal's Hope Handicap (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park, the biggest one is which horse will come out of the race with the best chance to make some noise in the $500,000 Donn Handicap (gr. I) on Feb. 22.
Jake the Flake, Jack Murphy and Pam Slaughter's 6-year-old gelding set to go in Sunday's $150,000-added River City Handicap (gr. III) at Churchill Downs, suffered a career-threatening torn tendon.
Most Popular Stories
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Bradester, Valid Meet Again at Monmouth
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- TTA to Conduct 2-Year-Old Sale in April
- Suffolk to Subsidize Shipping for Fall Dates
- Oaklawn: Record $27 Million in Purses in 2016
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- That Handicapping Show: The Travers Stakes