Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board