Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- KHRC Delays Action on Medication Rules
- Crown Champ American Pharoah Returns to Work
- Churchill Downs Spring Meet Handle Increases
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad
- Presque Isle Asks State for Guidance on Deer
- Keeneland Expands Fall Meet Stakes Schedule
- Normandy Invasion Set to Return at Delaware
- Zia Park Schedules 33 Stakes for 2015 Meet
- New Drug Rules Take Effect in West Virginia
- PA Bill Would Lower Racing Dates Minimum