Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Apprentice Boulanger Guides in First Winner
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Trainer Chuck Treece Collects 1,000th Win
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays