Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 12/10/2013
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill