Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time