Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015