Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely