Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Initial Win Noted for Louisiana Sire Orthodox
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Apprentice LaRicci Tallies With First Mount