Thoroughbred trainer Gary Sciacca was suspended for four months and two of his employees and a Belmont Park veterinarian were handed stringent penalties Wednesday by the New York State Racing and Wagering Board over milkshaking charges stemming from last year.
Nassau County police arrested three men at Belmont Park last week for allegedly administering a milkshake June 28 to a horse scheduled to run that day for trainer Gary Sciacca.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Kaldera Up in Time in German St. Leger