The owners of 2012 multiple graded stakes winner Upperline have decided to withdraw the 5-year-old mare from the November Sale in order to keep her as a broodmare.
Three individuals and two horses have been selected for induction into the Washington Racing Hall of Fame this year.
Emerald Downs in Auburn, Wash., has announced a 5% increase in overnight purses effective July 3. The increase, which does not affect the track's stakes, is retroactive to the April 13 opening day of the meet.
Wilcox Inn and Rough Sailing will represent trainer Michael Stidham in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Tuf.
Emerald Downs is on alert this winter for possible flooding in the Green River Valley, and has outlined procedures to ensure the safety of employees, patrons and horses.
Emerald Downs director of racing Grant Holcomb is resigning, vice president Jack Hodge announced Oct. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- PA-Bred Stakes Schedule Begins in Earnest
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap