The owners of 2012 multiple graded stakes winner Upperline have decided to withdraw the 5-year-old mare from the November Sale in order to keep her as a broodmare.
Three individuals and two horses have been selected for induction into the Washington Racing Hall of Fame this year.
Emerald Downs in Auburn, Wash., has announced a 5% increase in overnight purses effective July 3. The increase, which does not affect the track's stakes, is retroactive to the April 13 opening day of the meet.
Wilcox Inn and Rough Sailing will represent trainer Michael Stidham in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Tuf.
Emerald Downs is on alert this winter for possible flooding in the Green River Valley, and has outlined procedures to ensure the safety of employees, patrons and horses.
Emerald Downs director of racing Grant Holcomb is resigning, vice president Jack Hodge announced Oct. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence