Gross, average, and median all rise, and a Limehouse filly named Delightful Mary brings $500,000.
The dispersal of late Jack Dreyfus' Hobeau Farm's horses started at the recent Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland. Cary Frommer, as agent, sold four of the operation's juveniles for $1,028,000. They included a Tapit colt named Tashop that set a record for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland with his $850,000 price.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Hobeau Farm owner Jack Dreyfus as been three-times blessed with Delightful Kiss, recent winner of the Turfway Park Championship Stakes (gr. III). The colt is a fourth generation homebred, a graded stakes winner, and now a Breeders' Cup Marathon contender.
Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Elmer Heubeck Jr., a pioneer in the Florida Thoroughbred breeding industry, died Monday, May 12 due to a heart condition. He was 85.
Millionaire speedster Kelly Kip, who stood his first two seasons at Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club in Florida, has arrived at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Hobeau Farm's grade II winner Put It Back, undefeated in five starts at 3 this year, has been retired due to an injury and will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Nomorerichblondes Leads Home KY Breds in Meydan
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap