Gross, average, and median all rise, and a Limehouse filly named Delightful Mary brings $500,000.
The dispersal of late Jack Dreyfus' Hobeau Farm's horses started at the recent Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland. Cary Frommer, as agent, sold four of the operation's juveniles for $1,028,000. They included a Tapit colt named Tashop that set a record for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland with his $850,000 price.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Hobeau Farm owner Jack Dreyfus as been three-times blessed with Delightful Kiss, recent winner of the Turfway Park Championship Stakes (gr. III). The colt is a fourth generation homebred, a graded stakes winner, and now a Breeders' Cup Marathon contender.
Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Elmer Heubeck Jr., a pioneer in the Florida Thoroughbred breeding industry, died Monday, May 12 due to a heart condition. He was 85.
Millionaire speedster Kelly Kip, who stood his first two seasons at Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club in Florida, has arrived at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Hobeau Farm's grade II winner Put It Back, undefeated in five starts at 3 this year, has been retired due to an injury and will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Status Quo Dates for Illinois Racing in 2015
- Alcibiades Kicks Off Return to Keeneland Dirt
- 2015 Dates Conflict at Two Kentucky Tracks
- Hong Kong Sprinter to Have U.S. Prep for BC
- Grade III Winner Fiftyshadesofgold Retired
- Tracks Find Human Touch Key With New Apps
- Big Brown Colt Tops Magic Millions 2YO Sale
- Espinoza Suspended for Awesome Again Ride
- Stopchargingmaria Will Be Offered at F-T Sale
- Added-Gaming Funds More Than Third of Purses