Gross, average, and median all rise, and a Limehouse filly named Delightful Mary brings $500,000.
The dispersal of late Jack Dreyfus' Hobeau Farm's horses started at the recent Fasig-Tipton Midlantic sale of 2-year-olds in training in Maryland. Cary Frommer, as agent, sold four of the operation's juveniles for $1,028,000. They included a Tapit colt named Tashop that set a record for a horse sold at public auction in Maryland with his $850,000 price.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Hobeau Farm owner Jack Dreyfus as been three-times blessed with Delightful Kiss, recent winner of the Turfway Park Championship Stakes (gr. III). The colt is a fourth generation homebred, a graded stakes winner, and now a Breeders' Cup Marathon contender.
Two farm properties with historical significance to the Thoroughbred industry near Ocala, Fla., were involved in recent sale transactions.
Off the board in three career turf starts for Hall of Fame trainer H. Allen Jerkens, Houbeau Farm's 32-1 Chilly Rooster defeated 50-1 Union Place by a half-length in Saturday's $111,400 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Elmer Heubeck Jr., a pioneer in the Florida Thoroughbred breeding industry, died Monday, May 12 due to a heart condition. He was 85.
Millionaire speedster Kelly Kip, who stood his first two seasons at Meadowbrook of Ocala Jockey Club in Florida, has arrived at Highcliff Farm near Delanson, N.Y.
Hobeau Farm's grade II winner Put It Back, undefeated in five starts at 3 this year, has been retired due to an injury and will enter stud at Arthur I. Appleton's Bridlewood Farm in Ocala, Fla.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017