Perhaps research will end standoff
Kentucky attorney general finds KHRC lacked authority to allow Lasix-free races, which could hinder Keeneland's plans to conduct such events in 2016.
A proposal that would put in place stiffer regulations relating to jockey sponsorship has been adopted by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee.
Jack Conway and his father, Tom, co-own Kentucky Derby contender Stately Victor while the younger Conway also runs for the U.S. Senate
Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) winner goes five furlongs in the slop at the Churchill Downs Training Center in 1:00 3/5.
Graduates include recent Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) winner Stately Victor, whose $250,000 price topped the 2009 edition of the auction.
Stately Victor, the longest shot on the board at 40-1, roared past Paddy O'Prado in the stretch to record a shocking win in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 10 at Keeneland.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee has voted to seek an attorney general's opinion on whether the full commission has the legal right to conduct searches of vehicles and living quarters on track property.
A Kentucky lawmaker has again requested an opinion from the state attorney general as to whether Instant Racing machines are legal under pari-mutuel statutes.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill