Perhaps research will end standoff
Kentucky attorney general finds KHRC lacked authority to allow Lasix-free races, which could hinder Keeneland's plans to conduct such events in 2016.
A proposal that would put in place stiffer regulations relating to jockey sponsorship has been adopted by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee.
Jack Conway and his father, Tom, co-own Kentucky Derby contender Stately Victor while the younger Conway also runs for the U.S. Senate
Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) winner goes five furlongs in the slop at the Churchill Downs Training Center in 1:00 3/5.
Graduates include recent Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) winner Stately Victor, whose $250,000 price topped the 2009 edition of the auction.
Stately Victor, the longest shot on the board at 40-1, roared past Paddy O'Prado in the stretch to record a shocking win in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 10 at Keeneland.
The Kentucky Horse Racing Commission's rules committee has voted to seek an attorney general's opinion on whether the full commission has the legal right to conduct searches of vehicles and living quarters on track property.
A Kentucky lawmaker has again requested an opinion from the state attorney general as to whether Instant Racing machines are legal under pari-mutuel statutes.
Most Popular Stories
- Outplay Outclasses Competition in Curlin Stakes
- Bidding on Belmont Land Allowed; NHL Team Interested
- Irish War Cry Morning-Line Pick in Wide-Open Haskell
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Monmouth's Big Day
- Litfin at Large: Big 3-Year-Old Races This Weekend
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Miss Temple City Set for U.S. Return in Matchmaker
- Queen's Plate Winner Holy Helena Aiming for Alabama
- Terra Promessa, Paid Up Subscriber Face Off in Shuvee
- Fayeq Impresses in Saratoga Allowance Victory