Superior Storm, a four-time Louisiana champion, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Proud Spell, the 2008 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner, finished second to Superior Storm as the odds-on favorite when the filly made her 2009 debut March 12 in an allowance/optional claiming race Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- McCarron: Clarification
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Excessively Alike