Superior Storm, a four-time Louisiana champion, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Proud Spell, the 2008 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner, finished second to Superior Storm as the odds-on favorite when the filly made her 2009 debut March 12 in an allowance/optional claiming race Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake