Superior Storm, a four-time Louisiana champion, has been retired from racing to become a broodmare.
Proud Spell, the 2008 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) winner, finished second to Superior Storm as the odds-on favorite when the filly made her 2009 debut March 12 in an allowance/optional claiming race Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury