David A. Smukler has been named senior vice president of human resources and labor relations for the New York Racing Association.
The embattled president of the New York Racing Association resigned Monday evening, in a move NYRA officials hope will quell the firestorm that is threatening their franchise to run the state's three premier racetracks.
From press release -- New York Racing Association chairman and Chief executive officer Barry K. Schwartz announced today a major reorganization of NYRA's management structure, including the resignation of president and COO Terry Meyocks.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association, poised to make major reorganizational changes in a bid to keep its racing franchise intact, has hired a new high-level executive to oversee its much-criticized finances.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees