David A. Smukler has been named senior vice president of human resources and labor relations for the New York Racing Association.
The embattled president of the New York Racing Association resigned Monday evening, in a move NYRA officials hope will quell the firestorm that is threatening their franchise to run the state's three premier racetracks.
From press release -- New York Racing Association chairman and Chief executive officer Barry K. Schwartz announced today a major reorganization of NYRA's management structure, including the resignation of president and COO Terry Meyocks.
- By Tom Precious
The New York Racing Association, poised to make major reorganizational changes in a bid to keep its racing franchise intact, has hired a new high-level executive to oversee its much-criticized finances.
Most Popular Stories
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Big-Race Drefong Named Champion Male Sprinter
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Second Straight Turf Female Championship for Tepin
- Versatile Finest City Named Champion Female Sprinter
- Ocasio Earns Outstanding Apprentice Jockey Eclipse