Off since early May while recovering from a pulled muscle, Shining Energy returned in top form. With an amazing burst of speed in mid-stretch, she coasted to a surprise victory in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
Ladies Din, an 8-year-old gelding who has earned nearly $2 million, heads the field for Saturday's $200,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Bay Meadows.
Gaming executive and Thoroughbred owner J. Terrence Lanni ais joining the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's Board of Directors. Lanni, 58, is chairman and chief executive officer of MGM Mirage, an entertainment, hotel and gaming company headquartered in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Bold Conquest Not Likely for Derby AE List
- Alto Aims High With Materiality
- Kentucky Derby: Dortmund Gets a Bath
- NY to Consider Rule on Decoupled Entries
- Clabes Appointed Executive Director of KEEP
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Bill Cooke & Calumet Farm's Trophy Collection
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires