Off since early May while recovering from a pulled muscle, Shining Energy returned in top form. With an amazing burst of speed in mid-stretch, she coasted to a surprise victory in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
Ladies Din, an 8-year-old gelding who has earned nearly $2 million, heads the field for Saturday's $200,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Bay Meadows.
Gaming executive and Thoroughbred owner J. Terrence Lanni ais joining the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's Board of Directors. Lanni, 58, is chairman and chief executive officer of MGM Mirage, an entertainment, hotel and gaming company headquartered in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Keeneland September Sale Gains Continue
- Moro Tap to Double Infinity Ranch in Texas
- Somber Mood Hangs Over Suffolk Downs
- Fair Grounds to Withhold Millions from Purses
- Artemis Agrotera Heads Gallant Bloom
- Miss Behaviour Targets Charles Town Oaks
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- HRRN Programming on New SiriusXM Channels