Off since early May while recovering from a pulled muscle, Shining Energy returned in top form. With an amazing burst of speed in mid-stretch, she coasted to a surprise victory in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-old fillies on the Del Mar turf course Saturday.
Ladies Din, an 8-year-old gelding who has earned nearly $2 million, heads the field for Saturday's $200,000 San Francisco Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Bay Meadows.
Gaming executive and Thoroughbred owner J. Terrence Lanni ais joining the Del Mar Thoroughbred Club's Board of Directors. Lanni, 58, is chairman and chief executive officer of MGM Mirage, an entertainment, hotel and gaming company headquartered in Las Vegas.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby
- Ready for Rye Looms in Bay Shore Stakes
- Podcast: Haskin's Racing Review for April 1
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park