Trinniberg, overlooked at odds of 13-1, proved his doubters wrong when he posted his first grade I victory in the $1.5 million XpressBet Breeders' Cup Sprint by three-quarters of a length Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
Willie Martinez and Trinniberg broke on top and never looked back en route to an easy front-running six-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 10.
Journeyman Stud's son of Johannesburg got his first U.S. winner at Calder Casino & Race Course July 8.
Most Popular Stories
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah
- Whip Use by Jockeys Restricted in California
- Canterbury Gets Approval for 70-Day Meet
- Napravnik Among Five Woolf Award Finalists
- Bear No Joke After Repeat in Kennedy Road