Trinniberg, overlooked at odds of 13-1, proved his doubters wrong when he posted his first grade I victory in the $1.5 million XpressBet Breeders' Cup Sprint by three-quarters of a length Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
Willie Martinez and Trinniberg broke on top and never looked back en route to an easy front-running six-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 10.
Journeyman Stud's son of Johannesburg got his first U.S. winner at Calder Casino & Race Course July 8.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Williamson Joins American Horse Council Staff
- Inglis Reports Productive Four-Day Auction
- Mr. Z Camp Still Undecided on Preakness
- Old English Rancho Owner Johnston Dies at 77
- New Injury Diagnosis for International Star