Trinniberg, overlooked at odds of 13-1, proved his doubters wrong when he posted his first grade I victory in the $1.5 million XpressBet Breeders' Cup Sprint by three-quarters of a length Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
Willie Martinez and Trinniberg broke on top and never looked back en route to an easy front-running six-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 10.
Journeyman Stud's son of Johannesburg got his first U.S. winner at Calder Casino & Race Course July 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga
- Pedigree Analysis: Bayern