Trinniberg, overlooked at odds of 13-1, proved his doubters wrong when he posted his first grade I victory in the $1.5 million XpressBet Breeders' Cup Sprint by three-quarters of a length Nov. 3 at Santa Anita Park.
Trinniberg got loose on the lead and never looked back in the $250,000 Bay Shore (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack, going on to a three-length victory over Hardened Wildcat.
Willie Martinez and Trinniberg broke on top and never looked back en route to an easy front-running six-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 10.
Journeyman Stud's son of Johannesburg got his first U.S. winner at Calder Casino & Race Course July 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Business as Usual for J Boys Echo in Derby Breeze
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move