Hard Spun ran his career record to a three-for-three with an easy victory Dec. 18 in the Pennsylvania Nursery Stakes at Philadelphia Park and had onlookers comparing him with Smarty Jones, who won the same race in 2003.
Susan Knoll's Gasia, ridden by Mario Pino, won the $160,300 Susan's Girl Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday by one length.
Wildcat Bettie B made a quick bid for the lead from between horses in the first quarter mile and sped away to a two-length victory in the $125,000 Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Friday at Pimlico Race Course.
Trainer J. Larry Jones, who usually splits his stable between Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Ellis Park in Kentucky after the close of the Oaklawn Park meet, will move his stable to Delaware Park for the 136-day meet that runs from April 22-Nov. 13.
Sunday's $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over six furlongs at Keeneland has attracted a talented field of 11 distaffers, including defending champion Cat Cay.
Most Popular Stories
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- Better Lucky Shines; My Miss Aurelia Third
- Filly Untapable Works Toward Haskell
- Will Take Charge Works Toward Whitney
- Grade I Winner Heir Kitty Tops Del Mar Sale
- Kiss to Remember Steps Up in Indiana Grand
- Milestone Win 1,000 for Jockey Magrell
- Matz Says He Nearly Retired Somali Lemonade
- Favorite Tale, Choctaw Chuck Top Quick Call