Hard Spun ran his career record to a three-for-three with an easy victory Dec. 18 in the Pennsylvania Nursery Stakes at Philadelphia Park and had onlookers comparing him with Smarty Jones, who won the same race in 2003.
Susan Knoll's Gasia, ridden by Mario Pino, won the $160,300 Susan's Girl Breeders' Cup for 3-year-old fillies at Delaware Park Saturday by one length.
Wildcat Bettie B made a quick bid for the lead from between horses in the first quarter mile and sped away to a two-length victory in the $125,000 Adena Stallions' Miss Preakness Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies Friday at Pimlico Race Course.
Trainer J. Larry Jones, who usually splits his stable between Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Ellis Park in Kentucky after the close of the Oaklawn Park meet, will move his stable to Delaware Park for the 136-day meet that runs from April 22-Nov. 13.
Sunday's $125,000 Thoroughbred Club of America Stakes (gr. III) over six furlongs at Keeneland has attracted a talented field of 11 distaffers, including defending champion Cat Cay.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Haskin: Dr. Fager, Where Are You?