Front-running Bim Bam surged late to upset odds-on choice Interactif by a nose in a terrific finish to the $125,000 Hallandale Beach Stakes on the turf Feb. 7 at Gulfstream Park.
Left eight lengths behind leaving the gate in the $400,000 My Dear Girl division of the Florida Stallion Series, Calico Bay overtook prohibitive favorite Silk Ridge near the sixteenth pole en route to a four-length victory at Calder Race Course Oct. 13. In the Florida Stallion In Reality division for males, odds-on choice Wise Answer kicked away from the field leaving the quarter pole and rolled home by a whopping 10 lengths.
The juveniles Silk Ridge and Wise Answer were romping winners of their respective divisions in the 2007 Florida Stallions Stakes at Calder Race Course Sept. 1.
Dakota Light returned to running two turns in Saturday's $100,000 Three Ring Stakes at Calder, contested at a mile and a sixteenth, and the filly celebrated with her first stakes victory.
Light Dancer and Voodoo Dancer made it a dancers' double Monday as the fillies took the first and second divisions, respectively, of the Lake George Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 3
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Romansh Tries One Turn in Bold Ruler