Within minutes of each other, colts by Giant's Causeway and Tapit each sold for $1.6 million, the day's highest price at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. selected sale of 2-year-olds in training March 11.
It was another busy day for clockers at Churchill Downs as many contenders of the Nov. 5-6 Breeders' Cup World Championships completed their workouts Nov. 1.
Multiple grade I winner Blame and his stablemate, Super Derby victor Apart, breezed together at Keeneland Oct. 24, going five furlongs in :58 4/5 as Blame prepares for the BC Classic at Churchill Downs.
J. B.'s Thunder earned his way into the Breeders' Cup Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) with a front-running romp in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) at Keeneland Oct. 9.
Carolyn and Karen Scisney's homebred Maybesomaybenot, winner of the Sanford (gr. II), headlines a field of 11 in the $400,000 Dixiana Breeders' Futurity (gr. I) for 2-year-olds going 1 1/16 miles on the Polytrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Is PA Derby Best Spot For 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Global Sprint Challenge: Winner = Racing?
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- Keeping Pace: Galileo Proving Up to Challenge
- Slideshow: The Week in Photos for 09/16/2014
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session