English and Irish multiple champion Snow Fairy has tested positive for anti-inflammatory medication and as a result was disqualified from her victory in the Aug. 19 Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville.
Six top-level races, ranging from sprints to long distance, will test some of Europe's best horses on Oct. 7 at Longchamp as part of the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) undercard.
Champion Snow Fairy made her return to the races a successful one with a tenacious three-quarter length victory over Izzi Top in the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) at Deauville Aug. 19.
Izzi Top charged past longtime leader Sapphire with a furlong remaining and drew off to a comfortable 1 1/4-length victory in the Barclays Bank Ireland Pretty Polly Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh July 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day