Catlaunch, an Ohio-bred gelding who won a remarkable 40 races and more than $1.1 million, has been retired, his owner said Nov. 4.
Two-time Ohio Horse of the Year Catlaunch joined the millionaire ranks on July 16 when he led wire to wire in the $50,000 George Lewis Memorial at Thistledown.
Catlaunch, a 10-year-old gelding bred and owned by Ron Fields, continued to defy his age with a victory in the $50,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap at River Downs June 11.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes the Haskell
- Dickinson Decides to Return to Training
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- Longform: Undercover Advocates
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- A New Daily Dawns - Eric Mitchell
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next