Trainer Josie Carroll will seek a third victory in Canada's most famous race when saddling Ivan Dalos' homebred Ami's Flatter in the $1 million Queen's Plate July 5 at Woodbine.
Ami's Holiday's class showed through as he rallied from between rivals in deep stretch to capture the $460,220 Breeders' Stakes, the final jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown, in his turf debut Aug. 17 at Woodbine.
Traffic trouble may have kept Ami's Holiday from victory in the Queen's Plate, and now the runner-up in the first jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown will take a try at the second leg, the July 29 Prince of Wales.
Ami's Holiday came from off the pace, unleashing a powerful surge in deep stretch in the 1 1/16-mile Grey Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine Oct. 6 over Big Bazinga.
Favored Avie's Quality stalked and pounced in the $151,661 Display Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 1, launching an impressive move to earn his first stakes score for trainer Josie Carroll and owner Ivan Dalos.
Sparked by a bidding war, a chestnut colt by English Channel sold for $275,000 to top the second session of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society (Ontario) selected yearling sale.
Ivan Dalos' Victorious Lil, dam of Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner and successful young sire Victory Gallop, died at age 15 after running into another broodmare at Briarbrooke Farm near Paris, Ky.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- ABR Releases Another Digital Video Ad