A long-running dispute between Tattersalls, the Newmarket, England, sales company, and Ivan Allan, a leading Hong Kong-based trainer and owner, finally ended with an out-of-court settlement. The case was due to have been heard in London High Court on March 18.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
A recent court victory by leading Hong Kong owner and trainer Ivan Allan in England probably will not have ramifications for sale companies in this country, according to officials for Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton.
Most Popular Stories
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field