A long-running dispute between Tattersalls, the Newmarket, England, sales company, and Ivan Allan, a leading Hong Kong-based trainer and owner, finally ended with an out-of-court settlement. The case was due to have been heard in London High Court on March 18.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
A recent court victory by leading Hong Kong owner and trainer Ivan Allan in England probably will not have ramifications for sale companies in this country, according to officials for Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Historical Racing Argued Again in Court