A long-running dispute between Tattersalls, the Newmarket, England, sales company, and Ivan Allan, a leading Hong Kong-based trainer and owner, finally ended with an out-of-court settlement. The case was due to have been heard in London High Court on March 18.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
A recent court victory by leading Hong Kong owner and trainer Ivan Allan in England probably will not have ramifications for sale companies in this country, according to officials for Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton.
Most Popular Stories
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Delta Bluesman Aims to Repeat in Smile Sprint
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker