A long-running dispute between Tattersalls, the Newmarket, England, sales company, and Ivan Allan, a leading Hong Kong-based trainer and owner, finally ended with an out-of-court settlement. The case was due to have been heard in London High Court on March 18.
The Chinese New Year program Thursday at Hong Kong's Sha Tin Racecourse was highlighted by group I victories by a leading candidate for next month's Hong Kong Derby and by a son of Chief's Crown.
A recent court victory by leading Hong Kong owner and trainer Ivan Allan in England probably will not have ramifications for sale companies in this country, according to officials for Keeneland and Fasig-Tipton.
Most Popular Stories
- No Belmont Stakes for Conquest Curlinate
- Willcox Inn Suffers Fatal Paddock Accident
- Winning Crown Connections Feel It's Time
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Galloping
- American Pharoah Impressive in Workout
- NY Bill Could End Exercise Riders' Insurance
- Moreno Seeks First SoCal Win in Californian
- Keen Ice Breezes Nicely; 'Pharoah' Walks
- Brown Sends Two West for American Oaks
- BC Sprint Winner Work All Week Returns at CD