The Jockey Club reported that 3,439 stallions covered 56,901 mares in North America during 2008, according to statistics compiled through Sept. 9, 2009. These matings have resulted in 31,727 live foals of 2009 being reported to The Jockey Club on Live Foal Reports received as of Sept. 9, 2009.
The Jockey Club found both an increase in breeding activity in Kentucky and a slight decline in the number of North American stallions covering at least 100 mares.
The Jockey Club reported that 3,881 stallions covered 63,629 mares in North America during 2006, according to statistics compiled through this Sept. 6.
The Jockey Club has reported that 3,992 stallions covered 64,123 mares in North America during 2005, according to statistics compiled through Sept. 6, 2006.
The Jockey Club reported Thursday that 3,239 stallions covered 59,342 mares in North America during 2004, according to Reports of Mares Bred (RMB's) received by the Jockey Club through Oct. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24