The Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold its annual stallion season auction and awards banquet Saturday, Jan. 21.
A barn fire at Indiana Stallion Station near Anderson the morning of April 12 resulted in the death of 13 horses and sent three stable employees to hospital.
At the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association's annual members meeting at Indiana Downs March 8, Eddie Martin presented breed development director Jacki Brown with the organization's 2008 Blood-Horse Julep Cup Award for outstanding contribution to the state's Thoroughbred industry.
Randy Graf, who was a board member of the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, died Jan. 13.
A dispute over an e-mail and alleged flyer posted at a southern Indiana training center has resulted in the dismissal of recently elected Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association president Jim Riddle and three board members. They have appealed the matter to the National HBPA.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix
- Smooth Stride Could Lift American Pharoah
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli