The Elkstone Group's homebred Lady Fog Horn was named Indiana-bred horse of the year April 16 during the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association awards banquet at Indiana Grand Racing & Casino.
The Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold its annual stallion season auction and awards banquet Saturday, Jan. 21.
A barn fire at Indiana Stallion Station near Anderson the morning of April 12 resulted in the death of 13 horses and sent three stable employees to hospital.
At the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association's annual members meeting at Indiana Downs March 8, Eddie Martin presented breed development director Jacki Brown with the organization's 2008 Blood-Horse Julep Cup Award for outstanding contribution to the state's Thoroughbred industry.
Randy Graf, who was a board member of the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, died Jan. 13.
- By James Platz
A dispute over an e-mail and alleged flyer posted at a southern Indiana training center has resulted in the dismissal of recently elected Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association president Jim Riddle and three board members. They have appealed the matter to the National HBPA.
Most Popular Stories
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- BHA Working on Strategies After 'Brexit' Vote
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Legends: Joe Hirsch, Racing Ambassador
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York