The Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will hold its annual stallion season auction and awards banquet Saturday, Jan. 21.
A barn fire at Indiana Stallion Station near Anderson the morning of April 12 resulted in the death of 13 horses and sent three stable employees to hospital.
At the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders' Association's annual members meeting at Indiana Downs March 8, Eddie Martin presented breed development director Jacki Brown with the organization's 2008 Blood-Horse Julep Cup Award for outstanding contribution to the state's Thoroughbred industry.
Randy Graf, who was a board member of the Indiana Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, died Jan. 13.
A dispute over an e-mail and alleged flyer posted at a southern Indiana training center has resulted in the dismissal of recently elected Indiana Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association president Jim Riddle and three board members. They have appealed the matter to the National HBPA.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Kingman, Toronado Set for Sussex Clash