Red Oak Stable's Foreverness snapped a nine-race losing streak when he rallied off a ground-saving trip to win the $109,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Aqueduct in New York's first graded turf stakes race of 2006.
Jockey John Velazquez rode five winners Saturday to equal Manny Ycaza's Saratoga Race Course riding record of 41 victories in a season set in 1959.
Foreverness, a 3-year-old winning son of Island Whirl, brought the top price of $102,000 Tuesday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Scratched from F-T November Sale
- Lexie Lou Shows Old Spark in Autumn Miss Win
- California Chrome Digs In for Final BC Breeze
- Pick of the Litter Shows Best in Fayette Win
- Northlands Park Meet Ends With Handle Gains
- Chrome Facing Retirement With Poor BC Effort
- Breeders' Cup Modifies Convicted Trainer Rule
- Keeneland Posts Dips in Attendance, Handle
- Salutos Amigos Best in 'Ruler, Eyes BC Sprint
- Romans: Prayer for Relief's Work 'Super'