Red Oak Stable's Foreverness snapped a nine-race losing streak when he rallied off a ground-saving trip to win the $109,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Aqueduct in New York's first graded turf stakes race of 2006.
Jockey John Velazquez rode five winners Saturday to equal Manny Ycaza's Saratoga Race Course riding record of 41 victories in a season set in 1959.
Foreverness, a 3-year-old winning son of Island Whirl, brought the top price of $102,000 Tuesday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainers O'Neill, Levine Suspended and Fined
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Equibase to Provide First-Time Gelding Info
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- TOBA to Present Pedigree, Conformation Clinic
- That Handicapping Show: Shadwell Turf Mile
- Jacks or Better Loaded in Florida Sire Stakes
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Winners Named in TCA Youth Essay Contest
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash