Red Oak Stable's Foreverness snapped a nine-race losing streak when he rallied off a ground-saving trip to win the $109,000 Fort Marcy Handicap (gr. IIIT) Saturday at Aqueduct in New York's first graded turf stakes race of 2006.
Jockey John Velazquez rode five winners Saturday to equal Manny Ycaza's Saratoga Race Course riding record of 41 victories in a season set in 1959.
Foreverness, a 3-year-old winning son of Island Whirl, brought the top price of $102,000 Tuesday during the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic July sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses of racing age.
Michael Langford's Fan the Flame led at every pole on the way to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $125,000 Round Table Stakes (gr. III) at Arlington International.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- KHRC Drug Tests: Turfway Meet 'Cleanest'
- Lord Windermere Prevails in Gold Cup Photo
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell