Ishiguru, whose son Ferneley won the Aug. 29 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), was euthanized Sept. 17 following complications arising from a knee injury.
Ishiguru, an 11-year-old son of Danzig who was shuttling between England and New Zealand, was euthanized Sept. 18 following complications from a knee injury suffered earlier this year.
After a couple of close tries earlier this year, trainer Ben Cecil warned that Ferneley would win a big race before all was said and done. That day came Aug. 29 when the Irish-bred 5-year-old swept past his tiring rivals to score a 1 1/2-length win in the $238,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT).
Ishiguru, who trainer Aidan O'Brien regarded as one of his brightest sprinting hopes for this season, has been retired and sold to take up stallion duties at Tweenhills Farm & Stud in
Most Popular Stories
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Classic Empire a Pro in Four-Furlong Move
- Espinoza Wins First Race After HOF Announcement
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Sano Star Gunnevera Goes Easy Five Furlongs
- BloodHorse.com Launches BackTrack Channel
- Blinkers Likely for Practical Joke in Kentucky Derby
- Vexatious Stands Out in Oaks Move
- O'Neill Confident After Irap's Mile Work
- Quiet Business Wins Bewitch on Keeneland's Closing Day