Ishiguru, whose son Ferneley won the Aug. 29 Del Mar Mile Handicap (gr. IIT), was euthanized Sept. 17 following complications arising from a knee injury.
Ishiguru, an 11-year-old son of Danzig who was shuttling between England and New Zealand, was euthanized Sept. 18 following complications from a knee injury suffered earlier this year.
After a couple of close tries earlier this year, trainer Ben Cecil warned that Ferneley would win a big race before all was said and done. That day came Aug. 29 when the Irish-bred 5-year-old swept past his tiring rivals to score a 1 1/2-length win in the $238,000 Del Mar Mile (gr. IIT).
Ishiguru, who trainer Aidan O'Brien regarded as one of his brightest sprinting hopes for this season, has been retired and sold to take up stallion duties at Tweenhills Farm & Stud in
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Wise Dan Back to Jogging on Track
- California Chrome Will Skip Lockinge Stakes
- El Kabeir Walks Shedrow, Dortmund Gallops
- KY Derby: De Kock Press Conference April 28
- Haskin: Carpe Diem, Mubtaahij Test the Track
- Delaware Horse Racing Boosts State Economy
- Oxley Hopes Danzig Moon Follows Monarchos
- Able Friend One to Beat in Champions Mile
- Kentucky Derby News Update: April 28, 2015