The legal responsibilities of being a racehorse owner in Britain have come to the fore in the wake of a multi-million dollar legal claim against the owners and trainer of a horse that severely injured an assistant trainer in a pre-race paddock incident at Wolverhampton Racecourse, England, in April 2005.
Churchill Downs Inc., which owns Hollywood Park in Inglewood Calif., is considering building a new racetrack in the Golden State at an abandoned Marine Corps air base about 45 miles south of Hollywood in Irvine.
An agreement reached Monday will allow The Racing Network International (TRNI) to broadcast the Kentucky Derby live in the United Kingdom. According to a Sporting Life report, TRNI will also broadcast Friday's Kentucky Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- WV Racing, Breeding Take 10% Revenue Hit
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Lexington Tracks Eye Instant Racing Licenses
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream