The legal responsibilities of being a racehorse owner in Britain have come to the fore in the wake of a multi-million dollar legal claim against the owners and trainer of a horse that severely injured an assistant trainer in a pre-race paddock incident at Wolverhampton Racecourse, England, in April 2005.
Churchill Downs Inc., which owns Hollywood Park in Inglewood Calif., is considering building a new racetrack in the Golden State at an abandoned Marine Corps air base about 45 miles south of Hollywood in Irvine.
An agreement reached Monday will allow The Racing Network International (TRNI) to broadcast the Kentucky Derby live in the United Kingdom. According to a Sporting Life report, TRNI will also broadcast Friday's Kentucky Oaks.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Runners May Have Trouble This Year
- Csaba Successful in Fred Hooper Defense
- In The Fast Lane Takes Cape Fillies Guineas
- Mucho Macho Man Returns to Gulfstream Tab
- Hialeah Purse Lawsuit Heads to Arbitration
- Ihtsahymn Edges Favorite in Kingston Town
- Hong Kong Cup: Winfried Engelbrecht-Bresges
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014