Standing together in the annals of Derby history are the two jockeys who have won five editions of the Derby each: Eddie Arcaro and the legendary Bill Hartack.
With no suitable male heir, Swaps has faded from the breeding headlines, but his daughters left a more important legacy.
Eskendereya joins the likes of Gen. Duke, A.P. Indy, and I Want Revenge as early favorites for the Derby that didn't make the starting gate.
Bill Hartack, a Hall of Famer who rode five Kentucky Derby winners, was found dead Nov. 26 in a cabin near Freer, Texas.
Feb. 16, 1957
A Special Day at Hialeah
Most Popular Stories
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival