A 10-horse field, including three 3-year-olds trained by Bob Baffert, were entered for Saturday's $750,000, grade I Santa Anita Derby at 1 1/8 miles.
Rapidly maturing Ministers Wild Cat, a colt who drifted in during the stretch run of his last two races, will wear blinkers for the first time in Saturday's $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), trainer Neil Drysdale said.
The Bobby Frankel-trained Peace Rules, twice a stakes winner on turf, and stakes winners Spensive and Sum Trick head a field of nine entered in Saturday's $200,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud