A 10-horse field, including three 3-year-olds trained by Bob Baffert, were entered for Saturday's $750,000, grade I Santa Anita Derby at 1 1/8 miles.
Rapidly maturing Ministers Wild Cat, a colt who drifted in during the stretch run of his last two races, will wear blinkers for the first time in Saturday's $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I), trainer Neil Drysdale said.
The Bobby Frankel-trained Peace Rules, twice a stakes winner on turf, and stakes winners Spensive and Sum Trick head a field of nine entered in Saturday's $200,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- The Influence of His Majesty
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House