Runner-up in her previous four starts -- the last three in graded stakes company -- Gary and Mary West's Keep the Peace looks to finally break through when facing seven fillies and mares in the $150,000 Endine Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 12 at Delaware Park. The 4-year-old Touch Gold filly was installed as the 2-1 morning-line favorite.
Favored Porte Bonheur showed needed improvement in her second start of the year when she wore down Spritely in the final strides to post a nose victory in the $150,000 First Flight Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park June 28.
The California Horse Racing Board has filed a complaint against trainer Patrick Biancone for a Class 3 violation of medication regulations after post-race testing identified the presence of salmeterol in the urine sample collected from Iron Butterfly, a horse in his care.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico