Lady Chryss O'Reilly, who operates Castlemartin Stud, was inducted into the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association Hall of Fame during the organization's awards ceremony Jan. 26.
The deceased broodmare Urban Sea and her 3-year-old colt Sea the Stars were were honored by the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders' Association during its Jan. 30 awards program.
Ireland's tax exemption on stallion income remains unchanged, despite pressure from opposition parties.
Ireland's thriving bloodstock industry would be dealt a huge blow if attempts to remove the tax-free status of fees earned by stallions standing in the country were successful.
Most Popular Stories
- Madefromlucky Officially Out of KY Derby
- Record Average for OBS Spring Sale
- Derby 'Todd Squad' Breezes at Churchill
- Prince Bishop, African Story Retired
- Ramseys Earn Record 15th Keeneland Title
- Shared Belief Recovering at Golden Gate
- Kitten's Point Surges Late to Claim Bewitch
- Casner Still Committed to Salix-Free Racing
- Derby Jockey Walker Influenced Breeders
- Derby Notes: Three Scheduled to Work Saturday