Misty For Me capped off an incredible weekend for trainer Aidan O'Brien with a three-quarter-length victory over stablemate Together in the $459,921 Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 22.
Nightime gave trainer Dermot Weld and his mother, Marguerite, the thrill of a lifetime when she stormed home a six-length winner of the Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Saoire made trainer Frances Crowley the first licensed woman trainer to win an Irish Classic when she rallied in the final strides to win the Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at Curragh Sunday with Mick Kinane aboard.
Unbeaten Attraction powered her way into the record books Sunday when she became the first filly to bag the English and Irish One Thousand Guineas double with a one-length victory at The Curragh in Ireland.
On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Park Cancels Card in Deluge
- Almoonqith Wins at Meydan, Cavalryman Injured
- Rodriguez Suspended, Fined for Positives
- Godolphin One-Two in Chipping Norton Stakes
- Mongolian Khan Wins Duel for NZ Derby
- Devine Aida Aces Sloppy Herecomesthebride
- Illinois Racing Board Appointments Announced
- Extra Two Days Approved for Oaklawn Season
- Another Chapter for John Nerud
- Pride of Dubai Wins Blue Diamond Thriller