Misty For Me capped off an incredible weekend for trainer Aidan O'Brien with a three-quarter-length victory over stablemate Together in the $459,921 Etihad Airways Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at the Curragh May 22.
Nightime gave trainer Dermot Weld and his mother, Marguerite, the thrill of a lifetime when she stormed home a six-length winner of the Boylesports Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at The Curragh on Sunday.
Saoire made trainer Frances Crowley the first licensed woman trainer to win an Irish Classic when she rallied in the final strides to win the Irish One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) at Curragh Sunday with Mick Kinane aboard.
Unbeaten Attraction powered her way into the record books Sunday when she became the first filly to bag the English and Irish One Thousand Guineas double with a one-length victory at The Curragh in Ireland.
On Saturday, Aidan O'Brien-trained runners filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I). 16-1 longshot Imagine completed the Irish Guineas double for the conditioner at the Curragh Sunday, winning the Entenmann's One Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) under jockey Seamus Heffernan. All told, O'Brien's runners took five of the top six finishing positions in the two races, with his Toroca coming home third in Sunday's race.
Most Popular Stories
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Rainha De Bateria Heads Durante at Del Mar
- Blueskiesnrainbows Among 7 for Native Diver
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup