Bear Fan defeated Super High by one length to win the $110,300 Irish O'Brien Stakes, the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-bred older fillies and mares at Santa Anita on Wednesday.
Barry and Susan Isaacs' Irish O'Brien, a multiple stakes-winning mare and a favorite of California racing fans, died of an apparent heart attack Aug. 16 at the Mariposa Stables in Burbank. The California-bred daughter of D'Artagnan-Tenino Queen, by Saltville was 25 years old.
Most Popular Stories
- Gala Award: Not Your Typical Turf Pedigree
- Downey Appointed to Judicial Position in KY
- Former Jockey Davis Focus of HRTV Documentary
- Trainer D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Winter Not a Serious Threat to Eastern Tent Caterpillar Eggs
- Xpressbet to Sponsor HOF Jockey Challenge
- Leishmaniasis: No Longer Just a Foreign Animal Disease
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes