Bear Fan defeated Super High by one length to win the $110,300 Irish O'Brien Stakes, the St. Patrick's Day feature for California-bred older fillies and mares at Santa Anita on Wednesday.
Barry and Susan Isaacs' Irish O'Brien, a multiple stakes-winning mare and a favorite of California racing fans, died of an apparent heart attack Aug. 16 at the Mariposa Stables in Burbank. The California-bred daughter of D'Artagnan-Tenino Queen, by Saltville was 25 years old.
Most Popular Stories
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Puts Streak On Line in Forego
- Masochistic Looms in Pat O'Brien
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Tepin Back to Brilliant in Saratoga Work
- 'Cleopatra' in Gate Drill for Debutante